I cannot believe it but my Mac Book Pro has just died again. I am using an older one because my other one died about a month ago thanks to a faulty graphics chip. For those counting, that is three major outages for me this year (the first happening in June).
While I have been a diehard fan of the PowerBook and MacBook Pro over the years, I think its time to find a new platform. My main concerns with the switch right now are:
- Calendar and calendar sync to my iPhone - I guess this may mean a change in phone
- Swtiching email - I just don't like the GMail interface
- MS Office support - I use them every day
- Backup - Timemachine is the best I have used
- I don't think I can bring my self to go back to Windows
It seems like my only viable option is a Thinkpad and Ubuntu. Anyone else have another idea?