MuleCon has started and going very well so far, we have a great turn out of over 200 people. Rory de la Paz from Biogen is giving a presentation about his experiences with Mule and one of his slides is a pretty funny comparison of Mule and WLI. He uses the "sideways bike" versus the "single-speed bike" analogy. Before I go on you need to see the Sideways bike in motion.
Here the Sideways bike is WLI because:
- It adds complexity to the solution
- It does get you places... somehow
- It gets you odd stares
On the flip side he described Mule as a Single-speed bike because:
- It is simplicity in motion
- It does get you places... fast
- It gets you nodding stares
- It is easy to fix and maintain
Personally, I am more of a car man and Mule has been described a the Porche 911 of ESBs by Burton.